Unsurprisingly, my blog efforts have been completely crap. Sorry about that. Blogs are fucking boring anyway.
Iâ€™m sitting in Heathrow terminal 4. Iâ€™ve been here for an hour and I still have an hour to wait â€“ a result of my compulsion to leave room-for-error. Admittedly, in this case I left so much room-for-error that I probably could have been the victim of an underground bombing incident, crawled to safety, gone to hospital, had some skin grafts, been fitted with an artificial leg, undergone a series of counselling sessions, found a new lease on life as a wheelchair basketballer and completed a phd in comparative religion and still have got to the airport in time to buy some duty free vodka and a sunglasses strap before boarding. Which is obviously absurd, cos I hate vodka.
A point-form analysis of whatâ€™s been going down:
– I went to Edinburgh,
– I did my show 25 times and lots of people came and saw it.
– I got some nice reviews.
– I won a prize which â€“ it transpires â€“ was a really good prize to win.
– I flew to London.
– I had lots of meetings and managed to secure a manager. (www.pbjmgt.co.uk)
– I performed â€œInlatable Youâ€ and â€œCanvas Bagsâ€ at the Royal Albert Hall in front of 5000 people. It was really fun and made me feel really good about myself. If Iâ€™d had a couple of fish and a loaf of bread, I swear I could have fed the cunts.
– I did my show twice at the Soho theatre (in Soho, surprisingly) and it went really well.
Other good things include:
– Iâ€™m going back to London in October to do my Perrier Award show at the Lyric, which is a big, beautiful theatre on the West End. 23rd October for you Londoners.
– Iâ€™m going back to London again in February to do a proper season at the Soho Theatre.
– I filmed a couple of bits of stuff for various tele and radio things. So Iâ€™ll be getting some nice exposure in the UK in the next 12 months.
– I got invited to the Montreal Comedy Festival. Which is really good cos itâ€™s a way in to the US market.
– Thereâ€™s a couple of DVD-making companies who want to sign me up to make a DVD of my show some time in the future. So that wonâ€™t be soon but when it happens itâ€™ll be proper.
– I think Sarah and I are going to move to the UK within the next 12 months. I donâ€™t know if that is good or sadâ€¦ but thereâ€™s no choice really, career-wise.
So. Not a very entertaining blog, but perhaps an informative one. Itâ€™s been a swell couple of months. I hope everyone else has had nice stuff too. Next stop for me, Tasmania. Launceston on the 30th and 1st, and Hobart on the 6th, 7th and 8th. Come and see the show you crazy Taswegian people. (For the geograpically challenged, Tasmania is the little island thingy on the bottom of Australia. Itâ€™s nice and they sell fish there.)